Saturday, August 9, 2008

Second Life Class The week of August 8th, 2008


Second Life Class

Although I enjoy the theatrics that video games and the movies provide for entertainment purposes, attending and participating in the Second Life class session it was certainly an exciting experience. Using objects to cerate cylinders, changing their dimensions and adding other features to me showed me boundless potential that second life is capable of. I captured the picture below to exemplify some of the fun that we experienced.





Regards,

Howard.

1 comment:

Steve's CS855 Blog said...

rHoward,

Nice picture, it has me in it!

Just curious as to how quickly you are picking up things in Second Life? I'm not a gamer and have never done VR programs before. I feel like a fish out of water in there. It doesn't feel like reality, virtual or otherwise, because there are no limits on what you can do. It seems to me that VR should mimic reality a little closer than this does.